Saturday, January 31, 2009





The above is a picture of some pretty and famous actresses including actress Reese Witherspoon drinking presumably a cup of Starbucks. It is so curious to find so many rich and famous people that are drinking their coffee in mediocre franchise chains like Starbucks, Peets, Mcdonalds and even Duncan Donuts. If I lived in a $30,000,000. house and drove a $1,000,000. car (I doubt it) I would want the best of the best to go with my other extravagances. Actually, I'm really lucky because even though I can't and probably wouldn't ever buy such things as a fancy car and a fancy house at least I can enjoy the best coffee everyday. Maybe the phenomena of places like Starbucks and recently Peets is that it they are more of just a place to be seen. You go in and pay $4.00 or $5.00 to be seen and they give you a cup of hot brownish water called sometimes with milk for free. If I were of such a mind to want be seen I'd just put some real coffee in a Starbucks or Peets paper cup and go and sit out in front or inside just drinking it. Then I could be seen and enjoy some really good coffee. Now I know that there are millions and millions of people out there in the world that would argue that they really love the taste of Starbucks and Peets so taste is definitely subjective. There are also those out there that love instant coffee, canned coffee, and even Spam canned ham. I'm just not one of them.


Mr. English Coffee Roasting Co.-English
Mr. English Coffee Roasting Co. Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment